We used a Sizzix die to create the postage stamp frames that are used on both of these cards, but you could also use a scalloped rectangle die or just mat the pieces with cardstock and trim the edges with decorative scissors. Add the Sparkle Burst Brads and Stacked Border stickers to the cards you want to go all out for... or swap those items for less expensive buttons (for the brads) or a border of patterned paper (for the border sticker)... the idea with these cards is that the basic card is very inexpensive... the amount and type of embellishments you add to each one can be customized depending on the recipient. You can create two card fronts and two envelope liners (with extra left over) from one sheet of 12 x 12 paper!
LITTLE TREES CARD:
1. Cut Little Trees paper to 4 7/8” wide x 3 3/8” tall and adhere to Herbal Garden Dark card base.
2. Attach 2 5/8” x 1 7/8” piece of Season’s Greetings paper behind large Vanilla Cream die cut postage frame and 2 1/8” x 1 ½” piece of Green Snowflakes paper behind small Beet Linen die cut postage frame.
3. Attach sparkle burst brad to upper right corner of larger postage frame and adhere to card front. Attach Naughty or Nice sticker to center of Green Snowflakes paper and use foam tape to adhere to card front as shown.
I find that a fine tipped liquid glue pen or glue stick is the easiest way to adhere the frame to the papers.The back of the brad is hidden by adding the brad to the frame piece before it is attached to the card front.
and the finished card and envelope (see Monday for more on creating envelope liners)SEASONS GREETINGS CARD:
1. Cut Green Snowflakes paper to 4 7/8” wide x 3 3/8” tall and adhere to Beet Linen card base.
2. Adhere 2 5/8” x 1 7/8” piece of Herbal Garden Dark cardstock behind large Beet Linen die cut postage frame and apply Season’s Greeting rub-on to center. Adhere to card front.
3. Trim piece of postage frame stacked border to fit card front and adhere.
This card uses another rub-on, but you could easily substitute a stamp and either use an opaque white ink or heat emboss with a fine detail white embossing powder. I've been very pleased with the results I've gotten with Papertrey's Fresh Snow ink.
All that is left to do is add another piece of the Stacked Border sticker and you are done!
the finished card and envelope -
Tune in tomorrow for two more card designs!